Membership Shares in brief.
- A membership share is a title deed accessible to all: it is a part of the bank’s capital.
- It is not a share listed on the stock exchange. Its value is fixed.
- It is the embodiment of the cooperative model of Banque Populaire Méditerranée: pooling of your capital to enable its development.
- Remuneration with no formal guarantees, the latter being set each year by the General Assembly of Cooperative Shareholders.
- In consideration of the variability of the capital, the liquidity of the membership shares is subject to the existence of a request made to the Board of Directors.
- Repayment by the discretionary approval of the Board of Directors and in compliance with the legal and regulatory conditions regarding minimum share capital and level of own funds in the bank.
- Repayment of the simple value of the membership shares, that may not exceed the nominal value at the time of the withdrawal and with no right over the reserves.
- A maximum number of membership shares held as decided by the Board of Directors
- Subscriptions at the end of the month and transfers at the beginning of the month are given priority
- A cooperative shareholder’s voting right, or that of his/her agent, cannot exceed 0.25% of all voting rights attached to the bank shares
- The possibility of your shares being pledged to guarantee your bank liabilities
- The cooperative shareholder remains responsible for all obligations existing at the time of his/her exit from the share capital for a period of 5 years, in accordance with the regulations applicable to companies with variable capital.
- A possible reduction in the nominal value of shares voted for during an Extraordinary General Assembly in the event of losses (risk of loss of capital).
- In the event of liquidation, dissolution or being struck off the list of mutual banks, reimbursement of the capital on the recognised surplus assets.
Warning : the investor should refer to the section headed “risk factors” in the prospectus approved by the AMF under number 13-396 on 23 July 2013. Prospectus prepared for offering to the public membership shares in mutual or cooperative banks
All transcripts in foreign language are translations which have been accomplished on a commercial purpose for the customer assistance only. They cannot be used be in any case as complaint basis. Only the original transcript edited in French can be used as source in case of complaint.